Friday, May 12, 2017

Fabulous watermelon martini recipe

A few years ago, I was looking for something to do with an extra watermelon I purchased.  I looked around the internet and found something that looked pretty good.  While I made a few changes to the recipe, it's pretty close to the original...and boy, is it good.

Sorry, I do not have photos of this...we enjoyed them before we had a chance to take any.  They will look beautiful in a martini glass and have that pretty pinkish red color like a cosmopolitan does.  Here's the recipe:


Watermelon Martini 

·        1 cup watermelon juice
·        1/4 cup vodka
·        1/4 cup watermelon schnapps
·        2 tablespoons simple syrup
·        1 lime, juiced

Directions

To make watermelon juice, remove the meat from the shell and put it in a food processor, blender or Vitamix.  Blend until very smooth.
     
  Pour the watermelon juice, vodka, watermelon schnapps, simple syrup, (recipe below) and lime juice into a cocktail shaker over ice. Cover, and shake until the outside of the shaker has frosted. Strain into the chilled glasses. 

To make simple syrup, put equal parts of granulated sugar and water in a saucepan.  Stir and bring to a boil.  Boil until sugar is completely dissolved.  Cool syrup.  This may be stored in the refrigerator covered, for about a week.

I make several cups at a time since this is great mixed into iced tea or anywhere you want sugar to be nicely dissolved.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a former information technology girl who left the business and opened up a cooking school. Cooking and entertaining are my passions and I love to share this passion with others. I am currently on hiatus from teaching classes, but hope to begin offering them soon. In the meantime, enjoy the tips. Students always told me how much they loved the tips and now you can, too. I'll put out a new tip each day.