Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Today's Kitchen Tip: Color code pepper grinder

As you probably already know, I love freshly ground pepper.  I keep several types of pepper in my  kitchen at all times.  I also love white pepper.  I use white pepper in recipes where I do not want dark flecks to show.  I do not use white pepper often and find that it loses flavor if it's pre-ground, too. 

With all the spices and various types of pepper I have, I do not want to have to search all over for the right pepper grinder.  How do I easily find my white pepper?  I put it in a white pepper grinder.  If you can't find a white pepper grinder, place the peppercorns in a grinder that is different from your regular grinder.  I just happened to find an inexpensive white grinder and for my uses, it was perfect.

There is no question what type of pepper is in that grinder!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a former information technology girl who left the business and opened up a cooking school. Cooking and entertaining are my passions and I love to share this passion with others. I am currently on hiatus from teaching classes, but hope to begin offering them soon. In the meantime, enjoy the tips. Students always told me how much they loved the tips and now you can, too. I'll put out a new tip each day.