Thursday, October 17, 2013

Today's kitchen tip: What do you do with leftover tomato paste

I just hate it when I have a recipe that calls for a tablespoon of tomato paste and all I have is a can.  I always think I'll use the rest, but somehow it seems to get thrown out.  What can you do to eliminate this waste?  You can freeze it.

To do so, take a sheet of waxed paper and place the remaining tomato paste  on little dollops on the paper.  Make sure to leave enough room around each dollop so the dollops will be easily separated later.  Wrap the tomato pasta dollops in waxed paper and place the whole thing in a ziptop bag.  Label it and place it in the freezer.  When you need a little bit of tomato paste, just remove the dollop and add it to  your recipe.

The tomato paste should last in the freezer for a few  months.  Just don't forget about it.

We have lots of tomato paste tips so 'watch this space'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a former information technology girl who left the business and opened up a cooking school. Cooking and entertaining are my passions and I love to share this passion with others. I am currently on hiatus from teaching classes, but hope to begin offering them soon. In the meantime, enjoy the tips. Students always told me how much they loved the tips and now you can, too. I'll put out a new tip each day.