Sunday, December 20, 2015

Easiest candy recipe ever; M&M pretzel kisses that dont break apart

I was entrusted with the job of making candy for hundreds of veterans this year.  While I wanted to make some more difficult items, I also wanted to make something that was easy peasy.  I love chocolate coated pretzels, but they are time consuming to make.  I decided to make M&M pretzel kisses instead.  I can whip them out in just a few minutes rather than hours.

Last year I made some but found that some of the kisses fell off the pretzels once they cooled.  That wouldn't be a good thing, so I devised a way to assure the kisses stuck to the pretzels.  Here is my revised method for making chocolate pretzels with M&Ms.

Equal number of pretzels, Hershey's Kisses and M&Ms. (I like to use square pretzels, but the twists work well too.)

Several ounces of chocolate for melting (can be milk chocolate, semi-sweet or bittersweet)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 

Unwrap the Hersheys kisses.  Set aside.  If you find the ones already unwrapped, even better, but they are hard to find.

Place parchment paper on a baking sheet, or use a Silpat if you have them. 

Melt the chocolate.  I like to use a microwave and zap the chocolate for about 15 seconds at a time.  Stir the chocolate and continue until the chocolate is melted.

Dip the bottom of one kiss into the chocolate, then immediately place on a pretzel.  Set on the parchment or silpat lined baking sheet.  Repeat until you have as many pieces done as you want.  (One note....do not put too many on at one time since they may cool before you can fit with an M&M.

Place the baking sheet into the oven for about 3-5 minutes.  You just want to get the chocolate kiss warm.  Remove from the oven and begin to work quickly.  Take an M&M and carefully and gently push into the chocolate.  Make sure the M&M is IN the chocolate nicely or it may fall off.  Repeat until all the kisses are topped with an M&M.  Cool before bagging up.  I like to put in the fridge to harden.  It takes a few minutes to harden versus an hour on the counter.

Now, a few words about these.  Last year I thought the hugs would be nice, but they didn't melt as nicely.  I stay away from the peanut M&Ms because they won't melt nicely either.  I had mixed luck with the caramel filled M&Ms for the same reason.  To me, the milk chocolate M&Ms are perfect.

These are so cute, so easy and yup, they're tasty; and with my method, the kisses will not fall off the pretzels either.

Have fun making and eating these. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a former information technology girl who left the business and opened up a cooking school. Cooking and entertaining are my passions and I love to share this passion with others. I am currently on hiatus from teaching classes, but hope to begin offering them soon. In the meantime, enjoy the tips. Students always told me how much they loved the tips and now you can, too. I'll put out a new tip each day.