Sunday, December 20, 2015

Easy appetizer platter for your next party

 
If you are looking to entertain this holiday season (or any season for that matter) but just don't have time to cook a lot of things, consider making a charcuterie tray.
 
We bought meats, cheeses, fruits and crackers and placed artfully on a tray.  Guests could pick and choose what they wanted to take.  It took about 10 minutes for me to set up.  That's so much better than hours it would have taken to create another fancy appetizer. 
 
Grocery stores and places like Costco and Sam's Club often sell packages of prosciutto, salami, etc., at this time of year at very affordable prices.
 
I found some interesting cheeses at Trader Joe's.  I'm not into the fancy schmancy cheeses, but one new favorite was a cranberry stilton (not shown) that went well with this tray.
 
Originally I was looking for a cool platter to serve this on, but when I was finding ones for $50-60, I used my imagination.  I had a travertine tile available, but you can purchase one from your local hardware store for a few dollars.  I laid the meats, cheeses, olives and crackers on the tile and it looked really nice. 
 
You can use whatever you like but I happen to like grapes and cheeses so that's what I went with.  It would also be nice with strawberries, too.
 
People seemed to love this and just a few minutes and around $20 for this fabulous appetizer was perfect for me.
 
 
 
them on a tile...yes, a tile

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a former information technology girl who left the business and opened up a cooking school. Cooking and entertaining are my passions and I love to share this passion with others. I am currently on hiatus from teaching classes, but hope to begin offering them soon. In the meantime, enjoy the tips. Students always told me how much they loved the tips and now you can, too. I'll put out a new tip each day.