Thursday, March 17, 2016

Todays Kitchen Tip: Open a stuck jar



Sometimes jars are very difficult to open.  None of the tricks in the book seem to help, but I have a tip that always works. 

Take the pointy end of a can opener (aka church key) and slip it under the rim of the lid.  Gently push the opener to break the air seal on the lid.  DO NOT push too hard or you might puncture the lid and have a sharp piece. 

You will hear a "pop" and the seal will be broken.  Now just twist the cap and it will come right off.  No more tapping the jar, running it under hot water or using those rubber pads which I never seem to be able to find when I need them.



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a former information technology girl who left the business and opened up a cooking school. Cooking and entertaining are my passions and I love to share this passion with others. I am currently on hiatus from teaching classes, but hope to begin offering them soon. In the meantime, enjoy the tips. Students always told me how much they loved the tips and now you can, too. I'll put out a new tip each day.