Friday, June 24, 2016

Waterbath canning made easy video

A while back I did an educational video for the Valley Dish TV program in Phoenix.  This video dealt with waterbath canning.  In the video, I gave you step by step methods for waterbath canning.  While there are many safety rules you must follow, this will give you an idea of how waterbath canning is done.  See Waterbath Canning by Judy Toth

For those of you who are new to canning, there are a few canning methods you can use.  Waterbath canning is done for high acid foods like pickles, tomatoes, jams, etc.  There is another method that is used for low acid foods like green beans, meat, etc.  That is called pressure canning.  This video DOES NOT deal with pressure canning and canning low acid foods using the waterbath method can make you sick or even kill you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a former information technology girl who left the business and opened up a cooking school. Cooking and entertaining are my passions and I love to share this passion with others. I am currently on hiatus from teaching classes, but hope to begin offering them soon. In the meantime, enjoy the tips. Students always told me how much they loved the tips and now you can, too. I'll put out a new tip each day.