Friday, September 6, 2013

Keep your dirty hands out of your salt 'pinch bowl'

I like to keep my salt in a salt bowl that I use specifically for grabbing a pinch of salt.  So when I am making thing such as chicken, if I stick my 'chickeny' fingers into the salt bowl, it is now contaminated.  To keep this from happening (and, yes, it also keeps me from throwing away a bunch of salt that I've accidentally contaminated), I pour a little pile of the salt on my cutting board or counter.  Then I stick my fingers into the pile, use what I need, and discard the rest.

I'm safe, haven't cross contaminated, and haven't thrown out a bunch of salt I did not use.

There are so many interesting tips for salt.  Watch for tomorrow's salt tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a former information technology girl who left the business and opened up a cooking school. Cooking and entertaining are my passions and I love to share this passion with others. I am currently on hiatus from teaching classes, but hope to begin offering them soon. In the meantime, enjoy the tips. Students always told me how much they loved the tips and now you can, too. I'll put out a new tip each day.